Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Masterpieces by young artists

A joint exhibition by the graduate students of the School of Fine Arts (SFA) is being presented at the Union of Mongolian Artists through May, 9. Paintings, textiles and other work by 97 students    are on display in the gallery.
This is an exciting time for the SFA at the Mongolian State University of Arts and Culture, with its 70th anniversary taking place this year. The joint exhibition of  SFA graduate students is also going to be presented in Hohhot, China, in June, by the invitation of the arts program at Inner Mongolia University.
Of all the creations presented in the exhibition, the fashion collection called “Tsam of Futurism” designed by M.Nyamsuren, was my favorite. I loved its detail, use of shape, style, and the overall meaning of the collection. I wanted to know more about it.
The following is a brief interview with the talented graduate student and designer of the “Tsam of Futurism” collection, M.Nyamsuren.
 Could you please introduce yourself to our readers?
My name is Nyamsuren, people know me as Niima. I am a graduate student at the School of Fine Arts, majoring in costume design.
Please tell us about the “Tsam of Futurism” collection?
The art, culture, and the heritage of the Mongolian dance called Tsam is very rich to study. The costume of the Tsam dance has its own style, expression and meaning. I used the silhouette of the Tsam dance costume and connected it to the futurist style of postmodernism. 
What does the name of the collection mean?
I studied the ancient tradition, connected it to modern times, and named my collection “Tsam of Futurism.” 
Why did you use only white?
Since the Tsam dance is a religious sacrament, the costume kept up tradition and the sense of the beauty of that time. The costume of the Tsam dance includes the harmony of  many colors. Since I connected the costume to futurism, I had to hesitate in using some of its traditional elements. White expresses the mix of Tsam and futurism. 
How did you find this style?
In my mind, any artist is never full. We always search for brand new ideas, designs, and get inspiration from them. That’s how artists create their pieces. I found the “Tsam of Futurism” collection by conducting research and coming up with my own concepts. 
What are your future goals and dreams?
The arts play a crucial role in society to enlighten people. That’s why any facet of the arts must be encouraged by the state. The youth occupy the majority of society in Mongolia, which is our advantage. There are lots of youth who are extremely talented, hardworking, and skilled.
One of our missions is to introduce modern art to people. I think my collection, “Tsam of Futursim”, showed its meaning rather than talking about or explaining it. I think it is right for an artist to make the responsibility of their art as his or her own goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment