Thursday, May 14, 2015

A melody of imagination and color

Artist and Director of Blue Moon Art Gallery E.Temuge is presenting a solo exhibition called “Melody” at Blue Moon Art Gallery. The exhibition includes over 30 paintings and is on view through May 21.
E.Temuge graduated from the Mongolian State University of Culture and Art, majoring in monument art and decoration in 2013. She creates her work in mixed media.
Her work has been included in the group exhibitions “Golden Brush”, “Grand Art”, “Flowers”, “Modern and Installation”, “Woman Artists”, “Spring”, “WE”, and “2014-Member Artists Exhibition”.
“Melody” is her first solo exhibition. Over two years ago she presented a joint exhibition with her mother. She said that she is really happy that this time she is coming up with her own solo work.
“Everything has its melody. For example, if I were a musician or a composer, I would use notes to describe my melody. If I were a poet, I would use words to describe my melody. I am an artist, so the way I am showing my melody is using colors, brushes and painting,” E.Temuge said.
The theme of the exhibition relates to nature and its beauty. “We get and feel extreme delight and enjoyment from nature. We, human beings, naturally relate to it. I created my paintings by mixing my feelings about nature with my fantasies and inner world. There are no realistic paintings of nature presented, only nature created from my imagination,” she said.
Her paintings are all bright, colorful, and delightful. “I am a very positive person. I wanted people to feel calmness, positivity, and brightness from my creations. For me, the best part of being an artist is to see the public enjoying my work.”
There are butterflies included in most of her paintings. E.Temuge explained her butterflies: “Everything has two sides. People have bad and good sides too. Only the wings of the butterfly are beautiful, and the body looks ugly. I depictedbutterflies only by their wings. Through this I wanted to show that instead of seeing the bad things first, I want people to see and feel the good sides of one another.”

Source: http://ubpost.mongolnews.mn/

No comments:

Post a Comment